Season 4 Transcripts
- Episode 20: The "S" in ESG: If developers can figure out what the “S” of ESG means for real estate, it’s not just they who will benefit — our cities will, too. 🌆
- Episode 19: Next-Gen Urban Manufacturing: How can we bring the benefits of manufacturing back to disinvested neighborhoods — without the drawbacks? 🏭
- Episode 18: Innovation Ecosystems 2.0: Can a new generation of tech innovation ecosystems spur more equitable economic growth? 💡
- Episode 17: Wealth Beyond Ownership: What if, instead of being negatively impacted by a neighborhood’s growth, residents could benefit from it instead? 🏘
- Episode 16: From Owing to Owning: New economic models could help renters, particularly immigrants and new arrivals, become owners — and access multi-generational wealth as a result. 🏦
- Bonus: Development 101: To understand how real estate development could become more inclusive tomorrow, we have to understand how it works today. 🏗
Season 3 Transcripts
- Episode 15: Flexible Streets: What if we could use design and technology to make our streets more flexible? So they could change use according to the season, the week — even the hour? 🚗 🚴♀️ 🚶
- Episode 14: Factory-based Construction: Thanks to innovations in design, materials, and machinery — and a green wave taking over the industry — factory-based construction could be an idea whose time has finally come. 🧱
- Episode 13: Remote Work: Remote work could change not just the way we live in cities — but which cities we live in, too. 👩💻
- Episode 12: Generative Design: Could machine learning help us find better designs for cities — even ones that we didn’t know were possible? 🤖
- Episode 11: Energy-Efficient Buildings: If we’re serious about addressing climate change, we’ll need to address one of our biggest carbon emitters: buildings. 🏙
Season 2 Transcripts
- Episode 10: Responsive Architecture: Buildings could soon adapt to their environments — and even us, too.
- Episode 9: Affordable Electrification: For the sake of our planet, we’ll need to “electrify everything” — including our homes.
- Episode 8: Mobility on Demand: This episode of our podcast explores a future where mobility is frictionless, easy — maybe even fun.
- Episode 7: Stoa: Our latest podcast episode explores innovations that could transform retail — and bring vibrancy to our city streets.
- Episode 6: Affordability by Design: Our podcast “City of the Future” returns with an episode about the future of housing.
Season 1 Transcripts
- Coming soon!